2.24.2008

Finding Out & What I Want

Hey! So I never blogged about finding out I was pregnant and recently I have been scrapbooking things that happened shortly after Lainey was born. I have been reading my blog and remembering all these sweet things that I had forgotten. So I will probably forget this too (and everything else in life) if I don't blog it. =) And don't you all want to know anyway?

So it was Wed, Feb 6th... Which I remember because it was Caleb's birthday. Oh I need to blog that too and whoa I haven't even put those pics on the computer yet.... Maybe you'll have pics later....

Anyway Harp came home at 4:45 and I had girls' group at 6:30 at the Wisners'. We were all just playing in the living room and I mentioned that it had been 14 days since the day I ovulated and hmm maybe I could be pregnant because I didn't feel like anything was gonna happen (sorry guys) . ;) So I didn't want an audience in the bathroom, but I didn't want to ditch the girls. Harp has this thing about being there to watch the line appear (or not appear as the case may be). He has to be there. So I said okay well what if I go up and start it but then don't look and then I come down and play with the girls while you go up and see if there is a line. He agreed to that. So as soon as I went down, he ran up and looked. No line. So I said okay. I went into the kitchen and started to make some coffee and I don't really remember what Harp said to me but I said that I was a little surprised that I wasn't pregnant, but that was okay, I wasn't upset about it or anything. He said well let me go look again just to be sure. =P So he went up and looked and it had only been 3-5 minutes (the test says up to 10 min) and he said "Hey, Kate? I think I was wrong! There's a line!" So of course I ran up to look and there was! He wasn't 100% convinced because it wasn't dark but I know it doesn't have to be because I asked Harp's dad about it when Ashley was pregnant last year. I was convinced. I ran down the hall and jumped at the end of the stairs and kinda yelled/screamed with excitement. =P Emily looked at me funny and said "Why did you do that, Momma?" Harp hadn't said if we were going to tell them yet (and he wasn't convinced still so he didn't want to get her hopes up)... So I took her into our room and convinced Harper I was pregnant, lol, and he said I could tell her. So I told her there was a baby in my belly and she just looked at me like I was playing a mean joke on her. Like I was teasing her. I told her no, I was serious! And she was SO excited! So I think I already blogged about her telling everyone on the phone and her saying she was "all giddy about it" and calling it Rice Baby... =) Harper wasn't excited or unexcited. He said maybe because it's #3, he's just like okay, baby on the way, done that twice, that's cool... =P

And ya know what I want? Twin boys. Harp does too. Big time. I know the chances are slim, but I want them!!

No comments: