2.01.2008

Funny Girls

Lainey says "down" when she wants down. It sounds like something between doom and down. =P She also says "down" when she wants up and she even squats down while she says it. =) Hehe, too cute!

Tonight we talked to Harp's parents over Skype with webcams. Harp told us he was going to set it up so I told the girls to come down to the basement with me. Em stopped and told me she had to get her shoes and her jacket on. I kept telling her she didn't need them and she was frustrated that we were going to see Grandma and Grandpa but she didn't need shoes or a jacket (I had told her it was on the computer but that just wouldn't sink in). =P She was funny about it at first but then got really into it and Lainey had a fun time, too. =) They played with the camera and said hi and gave kisses and hugs. Fun!

Emily knows sh now and the sound it makes. I can ask her what letters go shhhhh and she tells me or I can ask her what s-h sounds like and she says shhhh. I got a list of Orton phonograms today and I'm going to make flash cards. For now, they will be for my use - to keep track of what I have taught her. But eventually I will use them as flash cards. She learned sh in minutes and has remembered it for days already so I am encouraged that this isn't going to be hard work. I just have to do it. And today I also picked up a phonics book and a math book - none of it is stuff I couldn't make up or draw for her myself, but this will be much more likely to happen. =) And she is excited about it, too. Fun!

Gonna play some Big Brain with Harp. Oh that reminds me, we let Em take the test on it. She did pretty well for being 3. While she was taking it, I was trying to tell her something about one of the activities and she said "Shhh, Mommy, please don't talk. I'm taking a test." =P

Oh and I keep forgetting to blog this. When we went to the symphony months ago... Harp wore a suit and when Em saw him, her eyes got big and she said "You look CUTE, Daddy!!" =) How sweet is that?

No comments: